Boston College High School hosts the Wareham Gatemen and Y-D Red Sox for Special Cape Leauge Matchup
BOSTON- Special is an undestatement for what kind of day it is for the city of Boston today. The last time Boston hosted a game 7 was the 1984 NBA Finals in which the Boston Celtics defeated the Los Angeles Lakers. Flash forward to today the Bruins have a chance to add another title to title town and the Wareham Gatemen will be just down the road at Boston College High School playing the Y-D Red Sox at 6:30 p.m.
Wareham was supposed to be in action last night against the Falmouth Commodores on the road, but the game was postponed to Thursday due to inclamate weather. The Red Sox put on an offensive clinic last night against the Orleans Fire Birds winning 8-2.
Five players had a multi-hit game for the Red Sox. Some key performers include William Escala who was 2-3 with 1 RBI, Wyatt Young who was 2-4 with 1 RBI, and Andrew Eyster (South Carolina) who was 3-4 with 2 RBI. Eyster in particular has phenomenal 5-6 with 3 RBI just in the first two games.
The Gatemen didn’t have an explosive offense in their first game of the season, but what they lacked in power they made up for it with lights out pitching. Tanner Bibee (Cal St. Fullerton) earned a save pitching 2 shutout innings, Bryce Elder (Texas) had 3 perfect innings, and Eric Torres (Kansas State) earned the win with 2 shutout innings.
Y-D did not perform as well on opening day falling to the Cotuit Kettleers 4-3. It was a close game but the bats never truly came alive for the Red Sox. The result of tonight’s game may all come down to which Y-D shows up and whether or not the pitching is similar to how it was for the Gatemen on opening day.
Here are the lineups:
- Matthew Rudick, CF - Sand Diego State
- Darren Baker, 2B - California Berkeley
- Andy Thomas, DH - Baylor
- Mike Antico, LF - St. Johns
- Drew Sims, C - Utah Valley
- Jacob Teter, 1B - Florida Southern
- Quentin Selma, 3B - California Berkeley
- Benjamin Sems, SS - Kansas
- DJ Poteet, RF - Wake Forest
SP: Conor Larkin, RHP - Penn State
- Wyatt Young, 2B - Pepperdine
- Andrew Eyster, LF - South Carolina
- 3 Jack Wold, 1B - Nevada
- Riley Triotta, 3B - Dayton
- Austin Wells, C - Arizona
- Daylan Nanny, RF - Western Carolina
- Jack Suddleston, DH - Harvard
- Jeff Costello, CF - Northeastern
- Will Picketts, SS - Cal State Bakersfield
SP: Carlos Lomeli - St. Marys