Exhaust fan fire at Marc Anthony’s in Onset prompts emergency response
A fire in a kitchen exhaust fan at Marc Anthony’s Pizzeria on Monday, March 11, prompted an emergency response from both Onset and Wareham firefighters.
According to Onset Fire Department Chief Ray Goodwin, however, the blaze was out before the firefighters’ arrival.
The Onset Fire Department reportedly responded to the restaurant with two engines around 10:10 a.m. and requested a ladder truck from the Wareham Fire Department to the scene.
Wareham EMS also arrived the at restaurant with an ambulance on standby.
Upon arrival, Goodwin reportedly found that a fire in a wall mounted exhaust fan that had been extinguished with an extinguisher prior to officials arriving.
Onset and Wareham firefighters checked the building for any further extension and ensured the fire was thoroughly extinguished. No injuries were reported.
The Onset Fire Department was also assisted by Wareham Police and Bourne Fire Department who provided coverage for the station during the incident.