Gas leak on Holly Street in Onset cleared
Mar 31, 2023
A gas leak on Holly Street in Onset forced a temporary evacuation of seven homes in the area on Friday, March 31.
No injuries were reported.
According to a press release from the Onset Fire Department, the leak was caused by a utility crew striking a gas line early Friday morning.
Due to the increasing size of the gas cloud, an increasing number of homes had to be evacuated.
The Wareham, Onset, Plymouth and Bourne Fire Departments, as well as the Wareham Police Department and Wareham EMS, responded to the leak.
National Grid secured the leak and made repairs, and residents were allowed to return to their homes at 2:38 p.m. that afternoon.