Oven fire causes $5,000 in damages at Wareham restaurant

Jan 22, 2019

The Wareham Fire Department reports that an accidental fire caused $5,000 worth damages at a restaurant early Monday morning.

Officials say the fire started in a commercial oven at China Chef, located at 1 Depot St., just before 1 a.m. and after the restaurant had closed. No one was in the restaurant at the time. Three engines, one ladder and 20 firefighters responded. Officials say firefighters were off the scene at 3 a.m.