Wareham Municipal Maintenance Department now accepting leaves, compost
The compost pile located at the Marion landfill has been closed until further notice. Due to the closure, the Town of Wareham Municipal Maintenance Department, located at 95 Charge Pond Road, will be temporarily accepting compostable leaves and yard waste.
The department will accept leaves and yard waste on the second and fourth Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Each resident vehicle using the Compost Facility is required to have a current Wareham transfer station sticker.
• Clean leaves and grass clippings only, any mixed trash, branches or non-compostable materials will be refused
• All compostable products must be removed from plastic bags
• Biodegradable paper compost bags are permissible
• Commercial haulers are prohibited
The department continues to accept brush that meets the following criteria.
• Brush shall be no more than 3” in diameter
• Brush shall be cut into 3’ lengths
• Stumps and logs prohibited
Wareham resident permits may be purchased at the Department of Natural Resources office in the Multi-Service Center, 48 Marion Road, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. A vehicle registration and proof of residency is required. For more information, call 508-291-3100 ext. 3180.
There are two private disposal companies accepting residential compostable material. For more information, contact: County Road Recycling, 260 County Road, Wareham, at 508-509-8027 or Sam White & Sons, 22 Recycle Way, Middleboro, at 508-947-0673.