Family loses home in Plymouth Avenue blaze

Feb 5, 2023

A family of four, including two dogs, lost their home at 147 Plymouth Ave. to fire on Sunday, Feb. 5.

The Wareham Fire Department responded to a call about a structure fire at 5:35 a.m. 

According to a Fire Department press release, no one was injured in the incident and residents were able to evacuate the home before the arrival of fire personnel.

Wareham Engines 1, 4, and 5 responded to the fire and received assistance from the Onset Fire Department and Wareham EMS. Marion firefighters manned the station during the incident, handling multiple other calls while the Wareham firefighters spent 45 minutes extinguishing the blaze.

“Be assured that your firefighters and our mutual aid partners perform at the highest levels, no matter the weather or hazards, and I am very proud of them," said Wareham Fire Chief John Kelley.

The fire was the second to gut a home over the weekend.

Friends of the family are seeking donations of gently-used clothing such as size 36 and size 30 pants, L, XL and XXL shirts, sweatshirts and coats, and size 10 shoes, sneakers and boots.

They are also seeking donations of Purina One Small Bites dog food and size 4 women’s clothing.

All donations can be dropped off at 40 France St., Middleboro. 

Money can also be sent to @Lapine97 via Venmo.