Library asks residents to help ‘Bridge the Gap’
Monday, May 1 marked the beginning of the Wareham Free Library’s “Bridge the Gap” campaign, which aims to raise $80,000 for the library from now until Friday, June 30.
While the library is owned and operated by the town of Wareham, the town only covers 80% of the library’s budget. The Wareham Library Foundation, and the Friends of the Wareham Free Library, are responsible for raising the other 20% through fundraisers such as Bridge the Gap.
Without the necessary funding, the library could have to reduce its operating hours or cut staff.
The A.D. Makepeace Company has pledged a matching donation of up to $10,000 for the campaign.
Donations can be made at supportwarehamlibrary.org, or can be mailed to the Wareham Library Foundation, P.O. Box 485, East Wareham, MA 02538.