Tour the Historical Society’s museums this summer
The Wareham Historical Society’s museums will be open this summer.
The Fearing Tavern, located at 11 Elm St., will be open for tours from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturdays in June, July and August. The Tavern, located near Tremont Nail, contains portions built as long ago as 1690. It served as a gathering place for early Warehamites and played a role in the British attack of the HMS Nimrod.
The Captain John Kendrick Museum, located at 100 Main St., will be open on Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. in June, July and August. Captain John Kendrick is best known for his visit to Japan in 1791 — before the country was opened to foreigners.
For more information, to join the Historical Society, or to volunteer, go to www.warehamhistoricalsociety.com.