The Miranda/Rezendes family thanks the community for its support
To the Editor:
On behalf of the Miranda/Rezendes family, we would like to take a moment to gratefully acknowledge all of the generous support we have received from our family, friends, and the entire community.
As you may know, my son, Trey Miranda, was diagnosed with five grade 4 inoperable brain tumors in 2015. Since then, Trey has spent two months at Boston Children’s Hospital undergoing numerous surgeries, radiation, chemotherapy treatments, occupational therapy and physical therapy. Trey is currently undergoing chemo infusions every other week for a year and oral chemo every six weeks at Dana Farber. He also has to have MRIs and physicals every three months, blood tests, and other tests every two weeks. Although we still have a long road to a full recovery, Trey just went for his first MRI since being diagnosed three months ago and his tumors are 90 percent gone!
As you could imagine our family has been through an extremely trying time over the last few months. Your kind words of encouragement, support, and overwhelming generosity have allowed us to remain strong, hopeful, and continue fighting every step of the way. We would like to thank everyone for their prayers and ask you to keep Trey in your prayers as we continue this fight.
We would like to extend a special thank you to the following people who helped to make our days a bit brighter, our struggles a bit easier, and our lives a bit fuller:
- Students, parents and friends who came to visit Trey at the hospital and reminded him to “fight”
- Wareham Boys Basketball Team / Top Tier Site Development
- Wareham Girls Basketball Team / Eastern Bank
- The Dick Melloni Youth Foundation
- The Wareham-Carver Hockey Team
- The Wareham Middle School Cafeteria workers
- Cape Cod Child Development
- All who sold shirts and bracelets
- The teachers, staff and students at Wareham High School and all the volunteers
- Trey’s team of doctors and nurses at Boston Children's Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Lisa Silva who initiated the GoFundMe account for my family and me. Thank You to everyone who donated to it.
- Everyone who organized, volunteered, and donated to the benefit dance and a special. Thank You to the DJ for volunteering his time.
- The Onset VFW
- The Nascimento family for all their help in transitioning our home for Trey
We could not have asked for a better community, friends, and family!
Thank you again for all of your prayers and please continue to keep Trey in your prayers.
The Miranda/Rezendes family